Sunday, September 26, 2010

An Example of Compassion


My high school chemistry teacher cared so much for all of her students. She came in early and stayed late almost every day to help struggling students. Her style of teaching was different than any other teacher in our school. This teacher made us learn on our own, doing our own research to figure out concepts, and help us arrive at answers on our own without just giving it to us. It was obvious to me from the beginning of the class that this woman genuinely cared about her students. One day after school, a group of students and I were working in this classroom on a project, when one of my classmates came in crying. She had been having family problems and talking to my teacher about it, so when something happened that upset my friend, she went straight to this teacher. I watched her hug my friend, and give her great advice, and just be there for her. That moment proved that this woman was a naturally compassionate person.

No comments:

Post a Comment