Sunday, October 24, 2010

Passion

When someone is passionate about something, it is obvious to everyone around. I went to UNI last year, and almost all my professors seemed bored by the subject they were teaching. They showed no enthusiasm for the subject, just droned on and on for an hour lecturing. These professors acted like they could care less how well you did in their class, they were just putting their time in. While all these classes should've been interesting, I began to not care about the content either, as it was presented in a completely boring way. My science professor was different, however, and I ended up taking both of my required science classes with him. He showed so much enthisiasm, not only for the content he was presenting, but also for his students. He wanted us to love the subject as much as he obviously did. Not only did I feel comfortable with asking him for help when needed (which I didn't with those other professors), I was excited about what I was learning. I can honestly say that I learned and remember a huge amount more in the classes I had with him, all because of his passion for the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment